Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reunited.

Sometimes you lose a friendship without even realizing it.
You want to get it back but you just aren't quite sure how to go about it.
Finally you just decide that there is no way you cannot have that friendship anymore.
You reach out, say "Hello." "How are you?" "I've missed you." and hope for a positive response.
And when you get a positive response you remember why you knew that friend was so important to you.


Then you plan to hang out again for the first time in ages.
You start panicking that it is going to be an awkward experience.
You hear a knock at the door and know it is them and you take a deep breathe.
The moment you see each other you are so happy and forget why you were ever nervous.
Everything is as if you never parted ways. Everything seems as if you have been constantly talking.

That is a friendship that I am going to fight for.
That is a friendship that I cannot believe I let slip through my fingers.
A friendship that touches you this deep...
Changes you for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Well..our friendship was never lost, but I can't wait until we can hang out again! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully put, Rob! You have always been such a writer. :) I'm always grateful for your friendship! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete