Monday, December 12, 2011

Anastasia.

[Dimitri and Anya are waltzing
Dimitri: That, uh, that dress looks really good on you. 
Anastasia: Do you think so? 
Dimitri: Yeah. I mean, it looked nice on the hanger but it's even better on you. Y-you, you should wear it! 
Anastasia: I *am* wearing it! 
Dimitri: Oh, oh yes, I was just, um, trying to give you a... a... 
Anastasia: Complement? 
Dimitri: Yeah. 
Vladimir: [singing] It's one, two, three/ And suddenly/ I see it at a glance/ She's radiant/ And confidant/ And born to take this chance/ I taught her well/ I planned it all/ I just forgot/ Romance/ Vlad, how could you do this?/ How will we get through this?/ I never should have let them/ Dance! 
Anastasia: I feel a little... dizzy. 
Dimitri: Kind of... light-headed? 
Anastasia: Yeah... 
Dimitri: Me too. Probably from all the spinning. 
[they stop dancing
Dimitri: Maybe we should stop. 
Anastasia: [quietly] We *have* stopped. 
Dimitri: Anya, I... 
Anastasia: Yes? 
[they lean in... 

Does it possibly get better than Anastasia?
I just don't think it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment